A project planned and directed by youth with disabilities (facilitated by Partnership and VDOE staff) to increase disability awareness and sensitivity to people with disabilities with a goal to ultimately decrease or end incidents of disability harassment.
- Developed, implemented, and scaled-up an activity-based approach with students directly involved in hands-on activities to increase awareness and education for all students
- Youth participated in steering committees and workgroups to develop the Inclusion Project Guide and Toolkit
- Five pilots were conducted in schools across Virginia to utilize the Inclusion Project Guide and Toolkit
- Elementary, middle, and high school students with disabilities
- Virginia Department of Education (VDOE)